Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rant on monetary "donations" for a piece of effing paper.

I just forked out a large sum of money to the overpriced school i'm attending. I'm going to fork out more later for overpriced books. What the hell is wrong with the education system. It's almost as if it is trying to not make it possible for people to attend school. They charge you for every little thing. I'm going to assume that schools are first and foremost a business and that their first goal is to make money. I'm not sure if this is correct. The administration is sure making a lot of money, but i also understand that it is their job. I guess i'm just super frustrated because it's almost as if schools aren't here to help educuate, but rather to just take your money and give you a piece over paper saying you paid too much for what you know. that's all.

6 comments:

Haley and Jon said...

I know what you mean. Grad school is even worse than undergrad. What makes them think students have this kind of money?

CurtisandMindy said...

Yeah, sounds about right. I don't know if you know this, but Dad has his blog linked to yours. Just FYI.

Matthew said...

because i put effing? well, i'm pissed off. This is just a rant though. I'll get over it.

Matthew said...

oh, hi haley. welcome to my blog. I didn't realize it was you. Feel free to read through some travel stories. Some are probably embarrassing, but still funny.

CurtisandMindy said...

i'm just saying....

Brent said...

You think that ISU is overpriced when you're paying in state tuition? Try paying $40000 a year, I'm just saying...