Friday, June 5, 2009

Kennecott Copper Mine



SLC, UT - I took a trip to the largest open pit copper mine in the world, just outside of SLC. It was my day off, so i rode my motorcycle up to check it out. They offer tours, but they don't allow motorcycles. The lady was nice and told me that a separate road actually wanders around and ends up looking down into it. It. Is. HUGE!!!! I'll post some pics. If you look closely, you can see some big dump trucks. THey're not so much big as they are Gigantic. They are about as wide as 4 lanes of traffic, so just take that into account when you're looking at the the big picture. It was a fun ride too. Really curvy. Really fast. :)

2 comments:

Bloomability said...

That place is wild. cool photos of it though!

Courtney said...

I flew into SLC from the EC for the first time a few weeks ago and we flew right by this mine, I was sitting by the window and had a perfect view, it was craaaazy! I thought of your (totally awesome) pictures, of course, but forgot about it till now.