Friday, November 27, 2009

The Spirit of "What The Hades"

What the hades is up with people?

I get it. We live in a capitalistic society, but people have gone crazy. Why on earth would you weight (i know i spelled it wrong, but its kind of a themed post) outside walmart/best buy/target/toys 'r us/etc... for hours in the freezing cold, just to get christmas presents?

Anybody?

I was with some friends last night and drove by a couple of those stores listed above and it was insane. People were lined up for well over 200 yards. I guess i just don't understand what goes through their minds. The desire to save a buck turns soccer moms into end-of-days psychopath mongers of product. I don't really know what that means, but it sounded good.

I guess i'm just out of the loop. Maybe it's because i'm so dang wealthy, i just don't care to save that extra dollar. Anyway, just something to think about. Don't go crazy during the holiday season.

2 comments:

Kitsa said...

amen. i've made it my whole life (which you continually remind me is getting to be quite a lengthy bit of time) without participating in the black friday phenomenon...besides, i can shop from the comfort of my own home in my pj's no less and order stuff online if i really wanted to or felt the need to shop. there's just nothing that i need/want that badly to make me go out on black friday.....kind of ironic since i'm a capitalist.

Aricka said...

The sad thing about it is that people although waiting and freezing outside, last year they killed a man in a stampede. He was a poor maintenance man. People need to be careful for other people!