Wednesday, May 5, 2010

American Politics is Inspiring

"[Kim Kardashian] contracted said '[Bieber] fever' when she met the 16-year-old at the White House Correspondents' Dinner last weekend."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [sigh]

I did a quick google search of the White House Correspondents Association (WHCA) Dinner and it took me to wikipedia. While i normally don't take what i read on wikipedia at face value, i decided to this time, because it's a blog and not a research paper.

It turns out that it used to be about journalists, but now has a bit more to do with hollywood, which is baffling. I guess what is the more baffling part is that the two mentioned above would be considered hollywood. I guess i understand the Bieber girl is some sort of entertainer, kind of. I've heard her songs on the radio, but what about the other one? What the eff does she do? I'm thinking you could call her a socialite. Wasn't really sure about the definition of that so i looked it up on the dictionary on my computer. Get ready for this.

Socialite: A person who is well known in fashionable society and is fond of social activities and entertainment.

Ok, so she likes parties. That's cool. Who doesn't? Since when has liking parties become a full time job? I enjoy the occasional party. Does that mean i'm dabbling with the amateur socialite status? Hopefully.

What i'm really trying to say is that i'm jealous that people can get paid to go to parties.

1 comment:

Aricka said...

FYI- Bieber is a dude.