Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Colors: What the Eff.

Colors. They're dumb. I guess, not so much colors, but the absence of using a color or anything that looks like a color to describe a color. Confused? So am i. I read and rewrote that last sentence second to last third to last sentence at least 7 times before i felt good about it. Ok. i'll stop.

What prompted this confusing rant? I'll tell you. Skinny Jeans.

So i was on amazon, i don't know if you've heard of it, it's this website where you can buy things, anyway, i was on amazon looking for skinny jeans since i turned all mine into skinny jean shorts for the summer and i noticed something that made me feel not good.

None of the names of colors describing the color of jean had anything to do with color. Not even remotely. I bought a pair of "hitchhiker" colored jeans. Hitchhiker. What color is that? (prepare for a somewhat mildly bigoty comment) I would guess somewhat of a dirty white color, but it turns out it's kind of a tannish.

I know what you're thinking. Matt, there is a picture right in front of you. You know what color they're talking about without even reading what color it is. Wrong. I was in a hurry to buy pants so i purchased without really even looking at the color. I know what you're thinking. Matt, that seems like a really impulsive thing and it's 100% your fault. Wrong. . . . . I got nothing.

Anyway, i'm just wondering what happened to brown or light brown or tan or light brownish tannish?

Hitchhiker. i don't get it.

No comments: