Saturday, October 2, 2010

Nickelback: My White Whale

This isn't going to be a post about how crappy nickelback is, despite the fact that they're a really crappy band and their lead singer is inarguably the ugliest man alive. No, this post is going to be about how i can't write about nickelback.

I've tried writing about them maybe 4 or 5 times and each time i get about two paragraphs in and delete everything. Instead, i end up writing about ketchup, which i thought was a good post, but it's no nickelback. Even now i struggle.

Why can't i write about how every song sounds the same. Or about them being canadian. I mean CANADIAN. celine dion is canadian. STOP. I like celine dion, i'm not going to write bad about her. Or about how their lyrics are dumb. Or about how they have a terrible name. Or about how he has terrible hair. Ug. I feel like a disappointment. This should be as easy as shooting turds in a toilet, but it's not. One of these days i'll get a good post out. Until then, i'll stick with things like ketchup, and color, and snuggies, and rolling backpacks, and elevators, and blueteeth, and stuff like that.

Eff Nickelback.

ps, i know this post sucks, but i just wanted my fan to know why i hadn't covered the obvious.

3 comments:

Bloomability said...

Thanks for clearing that up matt. i was a little concerned. oh, and i thought of you the other day when a kid on a unicycle (hate poem) rode by me the other day. i had the biggest urge to push him over as he passed. may have made my day.

EyesofAtlantic said...

I hate nickleback too...

Matthew said...

rach, you need to act on those impulses.