Friday, November 26, 2010

All My Friends Are Dead: More Entertaining Than The Bible

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the bible is boring, so it's not that hard to be more entertaining than it. I'm not writing this to offend people, i'm just being honest. It's boring. Also, i am writing this to offend people.

Anyway, I was in canada last month and a mediocre┬║ friend introduced me to this awesome book titled "All my friends are dead" by Avery Monsen and Jory John. We will now refer to this book as AMFAD.

Ok, AMFAD is literally the funniest effing book i've ever read. Side note, i wrote a review for this book on my sisters blog, but she made me censor myself, and she probably won't post it. How messed up is that? My own sister. She said i couldn't use the word "effing", but how else are you going to describe a funny book as effing funny as this one? No other way.

At first glance, AMFAD appears to be a children's book because of the cover art, as well as the large print and giant pictures on the inside, but don't be misled because it's not. Well, i mean, it might pass off as a children's book if by children's book, you mean a book that is not really for children. Like mein kampf. Ok ok ok, maybe it's not that extreme, but i feel like the humor is somewhat adult. For instance:

"I'd rather not. Carlos told me you got mono."

Ha!!! In the end, it gives a great message, which i won't spoil. It's only $10 on Amazon and only takes about 5 minutes to read, but it's definitely worth adding to your collection, or if you don't own any books, it'd be a great starter.

And just to stick it to the censorship man or woman. Effing. Effing funny book.



┬║ After reading the book, said friend was bumped up to good friend and if said friend can get me a him suit, said friend will be bumped up to great friend. . . . just saying.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

http://www.amazon.com/All-My-Friends-Are-Dead/dp/0811874559/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290808626&sr=8-1

MindySue said...

Awesome! Now I can link to this review as a "what he REALLY thinks when I'm not making him write like a college graduate". For the record I am going to use the word "effing" in the review...but it will be to effing introduce you.

Brook said...

You're kind of boring too.. just sayin